moved

Re: They're here!

Post by moved »

Fingers crossed Inky!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

inkypinkyponky wrote:
Please keep your fingers crossed for her.....
Fingers crossed here for you too Inky! :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hope she gets on OK Inky, good luck to her and fingers crossed here too
moved

Post by moved »

Just returned from shops with wine, minstrels, blueberries, custard, nice cheese and bananas!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I hope you aren't putting them all in together!
scary mum
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Dd1's first gcse today. She only has English Language tomorrow, and then nothing till next week, so I said to her on Saturday - look, 3 whole days, you could really crack on with this Biology. She did one hour at the weekend. And then a few hours yesterday. So there was me wishing she'd done more, and last night she said, "I think I'll do all right tomorrow, this is the most revision for an exam I've ever done!" And today's report was "it was nice to sit in an exam and know things and not have to just rely on being good at guessing!" - wonder if this will sink in before I pull all my hair out!

Bought some of that new Blackberry and Elderberry Pimms today.

Next week dd1 has 7 papers in 4 days, y10 dd2 has her first science paper, plus 2 MFL controlled assessments, and y7 ds has his first end of year exams. Wonder how long the Pimms will last.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Having invigilated A level Geography this afternoon I have just done what Herman told us not to do, had a look at TSR. I absolutely cannot believe that within an hour of doing the exam there are several pages of analysis, comment, general winding each other up and a lot of rude words. What ever you do , keep your children away from such harmful tosh.
My middle one started her GCSE's today, also her 16th birthday. She is far more relaxed than I am and has let me know the exact time she wants her birthday supper to fit in with another couple of hours revision, catching up on Game of Thrones and a long hot bath, only allowed on high days and holidays in this house due to the hideous price of gas.

Good luck to all DCs.
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

I bake during exam time. A full cake and biscuit tin seem to keep everyone going and calms me down.

A levels, AS levels a sprinkling of GCSEs and little one has just said she is doing tests this week. That will be non-stat SATs. And, I have all the marking to do from my own class's SATs. Then onto report writing - boo.

Best to whip up a chocolate cake and get going.
Amber

Post by Amber »

wonderwoman wrote:I bake during exam time. A full cake and biscuit tin seem to keep everyone going and calms me down..
I do this too! In fact I do it at the start of the school year as well, when they all go into new classes. I think it's some kind of instinct to feed one's young. On Sunday I baked stuff I used to like myself when I was a child/teenager. 3 different recipes in one afternoon! I find it calming too. Glad it's not just me. :D
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Me too, we currently have flapjacks, lemon cup cakes and a left over bit of chocolate fudge cake! :lol: they do seem to help and as Amber says it just feels 'right' to feed them up a bit at moment!