Double Science V Triple - advs/ disadvs?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

piggys

Re: Double Science V Triple - advs/ disadvs?

Post by piggys »

It's a tough one but I think on balance she will opt for the double award. She is desperate to fit in some other subjects. So many subjects, so little time :lol:
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Both of mine are at schools where double science isn’t an option.
My eldest has picked one science at A level ( a switch from a different science right at the last minute).
My two are both glad they have done triple.
Good luck with the decision.
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

To put this into context between 166,000 and 176,000 students sat individual science (it varied by subject) GCSEs in the summer and 800,000 sat the double award. This being a grammar orientated forum will reflect the bias of the schools towards the individual sciences.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ive mentioned this before, but a relative of mine did double science at GCSE because her school didn't offer triple. She went on the get 4 As at A level (science plus maths) before the days of A*, studied medicine at a good university & graduated with a first. Double science isn't necessarily a barrier to success.
scary mum
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Another one with a DD who did double. In her case, she wasn’t chosen to do triple, and I think it was the right decision. I’m with those who say your DD should go for a different option if that’s what she wants.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now