A Level Options

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: A Level Options

Post by Amber »

JaneEyre wrote:
Amber wrote:TI don't even think I need to apologise for posting this; though I realise as feelings are running high it could be considered inflammatory. So, sorry in advance to anyone with 9 Grade A* A levels who takes this to heart. :D
Why would you have to apologise for this, Amber? There is absolutely nothing offensive in your post and you are not breaching any Forum etiquette. :D
Well no, but I can see that offence has been taken at some remarks on here so I am treading carefully...

I am actually rather happy to report that my son is now telling me the idea at his school is to start with 4 A levels and drop one fairly early on. This seems to be the best idea yet, giving them a bit of flexibility but aiming to reduce the workload which is likely to be onerous.

Happy day, everyone. Let's all be friends, eh? :)
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Amber wrote:
JaneEyre wrote:
Amber wrote:TI don't even think I need to apologise for posting this; though I realise as feelings are running high it could be considered inflammatory. So, sorry in advance to anyone with 9 Grade A* A levels who takes this to heart. :D
Why would you have to apologise for this, Amber? There is absolutely nothing offensive in your post and you are not breaching any Forum etiquette. :D
I am actually rather happy to report that my son is now telling me the idea at his school is to start with 4 A levels and drop one fairly early on. This seems to be the best idea yet, giving them a bit of flexibility but aiming to reduce the workload which is likely to be onerous.
That is an interesting idea for the flexibility it brings ( flexibility which is indeed extremely important, especially for those undecided in term of career path). It is also a bit vague ( when is 'fairly early on'?) and I do not see how it works in term of funding as Guest 55 had once reported that schools have funds for only three A levels for their students.... which makes me wonder how schools which propose four A levels to their students deal with this financial issue. :?

Have a good day everyone! :wink:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Enough already. Thread locked.