Can we accept multiple conditional 6th form offers?

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
svg123

Can we accept multiple conditional 6th form offers?

Post by svg123 »

Hi,

My son has been offered multiple conditional offers.
Can we accept more than one and make a final choice after GCSE results are out in Aug?

Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Can we accept multiple conditional 6th form offers?

Post by hermanmunster »

I think that is what most people do, though they may only hang onto a v small number of offers ! -
Can't be sure of GCSE results at this stage and whether the desired A levels may change at some stage
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

State or private? Fairly normal to hang on to more than one state school offer unless you are very sure and confident. That said, there are usually places out there in August.

Private: you need to read terms and conditions carefully before you pay a deposit. Not only would you lose the deposit but there is of course the risk of losing a term's fees as well. And if you are in an independent school currently and looking to move to either state or another independent 6th form then you would normally need to give notice by the end of this term.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Check when you need to confirm the place so you don't 'block' places after results day. To stop this some schools will remove offers if they aren't confirmed within a certain number of days so there aren't empty places in September.

Most students do have one back-up choice.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Guest55 wrote:Check when you need to confirm the place so you don't 'block' places after results day. To stop this some schools will remove offers if they aren't confirmed within a certain number of days so there aren't empty places in September.

Most students do have one back-up choice.
I haven't checked this time yet (DD is also applying for places at the moment), but when DS1 moved schools for sixth form four-year ago, his own school and his first choice school asked applicants to turn up in person on results day, with his second choice stating that places had to be confirmed (I think) by the end of the next day, i.e. before the weekend.

Also check for induction day clashes - two of the schools that DD is applying to share the same two days at the beginning of July, so a bit of making her mind up to do, should she get offers from both.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now