A level results 2019

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cuddlermum

Re: A level results 2019

Post by Cuddlermum »

Congrats to those who have good news already. I'm under strict instructions not to wake DS up until 10am - results will be online thankfully! He said he doesn't want to be tired when dealing with the results, meanwhile I'm going crazy waiting...
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

10 am? That's just mean! DS said he didn't sleep at all last night.
scary mum
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

DS got his first choice, think track updated about 7:42.
Thankfully DS was more confident than me so slept until just before the results went up.
He actually, unknowingly, has a lot of you guys to thank for all the help and guidance over the past 8/9 years.
To name but a few,
Glos_mum
Stressed?Moi?
Turtleglos
FluffyCat
Capers123
Neveragain*
DC17C
Ginx
Scarlett
Guest55
Etienne
Tinkers
Scary mum
Hermanmunster
Piggy’s
Toadmum.
Sally-Anne (you are sadly missed)

And a special mention to Amber, who seems to have actually been able to leave the hotel California.
And of course, there are bound to be some I’ve missed.

I Thank you for everything, he got his dream at Merton College, in no small part down to your advice.

Now to start the whole ucas process again with DD.

SD.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Congratulations to DS. Yes, track updated at about the same time for us.
Hope you will hang around in the Hotel California :D
scary mum
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

scary mum wrote:Congratulations to DS. Yes, track updated at about the same time for us.
Hope you will hang around in the Hotel California :D
I’ll not be leaving yet.. dc4 is only just about to start y7, so a good while yet
Cuddlermum

Post by Cuddlermum »

Yes 10am, gave up waiting and went food shopping!
Have results now, they are better than expected and DS is very pleased, got into Leeds for CS - but apparently when he looked at track, it had confirmed his place at approx 4pm yesterday! So he could have put us out of our misery last night, if he had looked - although he said he preferred to get the actual results first.
Now he has to decide whether to go to Leeds or take his apprenticeship offer - I've advised him not to think about it today and just enjoy the relief.
Good luck to all today.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Congrats to your DS Cuddlermum! Actually don't blame him, the Unis were updating track yesterday but it was locked to the students until about 07.30 this morning :wink:
mad?

Post by mad? »

Congratulations and commiserations where felt. A levels can seem like such a terminal point but they are only the beginning, good luck to all your DC.
mad?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

DD's results one down on predicted all round (as she pointed out, rather testily, the same overall % in Edexcel Eng. Lit. would have got her an A* :( ). Not an issue with regard to her place at Birmingham, although she thinks that her grades will put her out of the running for the internal internship she was intending to try for. However, the world will keep on spinning :).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Good to hear toadmum.
DS did similar, missed out on 2 a* but with grades that would have secured them in previous years. That said he didn’t stop smiling all day so can’t have been too bothered