2014 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fat pigeon

Re: 2014 entry

Post by Fat pigeon »

AFAIK many of the guys who have been past members on the forum tend to succeed. This may be due to the fact that these contributors are the most aware & motivated parents :D .
We have all shared a difficult journey together, & so can i wish everyone the best of luck to all tomorrow; especially thinking, feeling & praying for the regulars :wink: !
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
eastern

Post by eastern »

Yes this forum and the parents who have been on have contributed by sharing their highs and lows in this journey.

Testimony to you all that in this highly competitive environment that we have put our DC in to battle for those places..all have helped supportive and listened other parents.
Those who stay away to keep things as discreet as possible as if life depended on it.

I very much hope you all succeed in your aspirations for DC and their future education.

Wat a journey it's been and now in 24 hours time they will be ready for all the hard work and effort put in.

Did the dummy run early evening and parked the car to walk towards the school just to make Ds comfortable.

They will be nervous tomorrow and this is where as parents our parenting skills will be put to the test.

Best wishes to you all and as my old school teacher once said to me their is no substitute for hard work....the DC had put in the hard work and will be rewarded
nayab69

Post by nayab69 »

I started to visit this forum in 2010.My eldest son passed his 11+ in 2011 and now a humble pupil of ilford county.Today I feel that I should say thanks to every active member on this forum.What an inspiration.You guys were part of my journey and word can not express how grateful I am.My youngest ds will be doing his test tomorrow and oh my really glad that after this my 11+ journey will end.I wish you all the best.May GOD bless our children with success.ameen and GOOD LUCK
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

GOOD LUCK to all the wonderful children today!
I am sat at home worrying myself stupid......hoping my ds copes with the test and doesn't get upset.
As long as he is happy coming out and is happy for the rest of the day then I shall be happy.
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Well ds is happy and bouncy, and some of that is due to no more 11+ prep :lol:
He said the VR paper was easier than Susan Daughtrey, and the NVR was 'ok'
He managed to answer all the questions and did not run out of time........roll on six weeks :D
Hope everyone else's dc are happy :D
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Most of the kids were happy as they came out, however my dd was happy but visibly drained :) . Dd agreed the VR was good & she managed to answer all the Qs.

One poor mum was in tears as she was refused as the photo for her ds wasn't signed.

In my dd class 10% of the entrants did not show up today.

This paper will be reused for the late sitters before the final results in March.

We are shattered, so good luck to all, especially the regulars :D !
eastern

Post by eastern »

Well what a morning it's been even arriving at 8.30am the quenes were stretching so far out as I kept chatting to DS as could sense nerves were there.

Nervously waiting for around 1hr for Ds to come out as tests started late.

He came out smiling and was happy but did mention a some new words had stumped him.

NVR went ok as others mentioned on here....mentally he is exhausted and want to take few days off before we start looking into the Latymer exam.

Date Friday 11 oct for results and hope to share results with all regardless of how Ds performed.
redbridge

Post by redbridge »

Hi,

DD came out happily and said that she did NVR paper well and did not miss any questions in the NVR paper, I was very happy, and then I asked her how was the VR paper, she said I "just" had to leave out 6 questions as I ran out of time in VR!! :cry:

So I guess its more or less end of the race for us, unless some miracle happens. :(
Waiting to see what comes our way on 11th Oct

Good to luck all parents.

Regards
kelwaypops

Post by kelwaypops »

good day. neither dd or i were stressed although not because she/i were confident that she would do well, more to accepting in an unspoken way, that she wouldn't get in and that this exam was more for experience :) . anyhoo, she seemed happy when she came out, said she found the vr harder which is odd as she likes and is usually good at vr. she seemed to think that alot of other kids (she overheard when they had a 15 min break) had found the vr hard, alot hadn't finished/some missed alot out. a friend of hers told her mother infront of me that she had finished it although unknown to her mother had told dd in the break that she hadn't. dd said she missed the last 2 questions. oddly dd found nvr 'easy' (yeah, right) and said she finished with 10 minutes to spare although this concerned me tbh as what if she flew through the questions without clearly thinking them out first? eitherway, she seemed happy enough. i know the exam is harder for the wch than other grammars. when queuing to register the women infront of me didn't have a signed photograph although she was let in (in answer to a post above). tbh i wish the examiners would come up with an exam that couldn't be prepared for, that was truely based on natural ability as the entrance exam used to be about 20 odd years ago. her tutor seems to think the examiners are working on something although lord knows how they can achieve this. as it is i doubt dd will get in but i am proud of her for her effort and upbeat attitude (she is a glass is half full person). i found it exciting and was proud of dd for (nearly) finishing both exams. now to focus on her music scholarship exams ..........
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Hi Redbridge > pls do not lose heart, I honestly think that u are being to hard on yourself :| .

Look at the post "historical info. Lowest scores offered"

I think u are being pessimistic expecting the worst for your results & expecting everyone else to be perfect nigh on 100% material! U can afford to lose marks on both papers & still get through. In fact based on the past, I think that u can lose far more marks on VR compared to NVR & still get in. 6 marks is well within range. Also, just because someone did all the Qs , that does not mean that they were accurate, quantity could be at the expense of thoroughness .

As an aside, the school had variable policies on taking pencil cases inside with extra pencils etc. We saw & can confirm that some were disallowed, like our dd, whilst others were allowed like her tuition buddy dd. it may be a very minor point, but when each mark counts & emotions can sway the mind, it is puzzling :?:

Chin up Redbridge, your dd probably got more correct because of her process today than someone else, all other things being equal :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now