Mock tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ryasin1972

Re: Mock tests

Post by ryasin1972 »

My DS took the mock exam last saturday. He felt it was a good experience. Hope it helps him.
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

I agree Ryasin, I think it has been a good experience. If nothing else, it opened my ds's eyes to how the timing will go in the NVR test. He has certainly improved over this week. It was definitely worth it.
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Well ds got 77 in VR and 70 in NVR, so not too bad there, I wasn't expecting high marks really :)
There was some tricky vocabulary, and a BIDMAS section in VR without brackets which threw my DS
I will be going over it with him this weekend. It was a good experience, and certainly has changed his mindset. That combined with the open day and he has become a lot more serious.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Well done KhadijahA-R :) , that is probably the most accurate test of all.

The cold steel of results arising from a realistic environment cannot be matched by a the comforts of taking tests on your own at home with a support structure.

From my limited experience, since you are leading from the front as usual :D , I must say the results are at this unripe stage, show a definite fighting chance. I would say the thought of being in with lots of strangers would affect results by the traditional 10% decrease. The lessons learnt I.e. being acclimatised to that environment & timing are important.

Now you know exactly what to do - good luck in polishing the rough diamond!

9 Weeks to go!
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now