Entry 2019 offers: (Woodford/ Ilford) Post Here!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Entry 2019 OFFERS: (Woodford/ Ilford) Post Here!!

Post by ToadMum »

roon129 wrote:Writing on behalf of a friends child

He had put a school far away as priority 1 and local grammar school as priority 2 in CAF

Local grammar school the score was quite high and the child got allocated a seat there ( priority 2) and was placed in WL for priority 1 school.
Now the WL has cleared but the child no longer wants to go to priority 1 school. Can the child stick with priority 2 school ? Local council wants the child to join P1 school as it was the childs first choice.

TIA
No, they should just decline the place. Unless the LA's rule is that substitution is automatic - ?? In that case, they do have problem, as the place at the second preference school will have gone to the next person on that school's waiting list.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Villanelle

Post by Villanelle »

At last movement on the WL. Up 4 places today. It is in sight. Good luck fellow waiting list people.
Sundus

Post by Sundus »

Omg ... altogether 4 places... I was at the verge of losing hope and that just made my day... I’m still far but there is hope....my daughter is at 14 position on waiting list..
Madikhan

Post by Madikhan »

Hy all
Yayyyyy!!! My daughter has been offered a place in Woodford county yesterday she was on number 8 when first list was issued then no 6 for month just moved to 2 last week and yesterday offered a place ... so don’t loose hope it’s moving and hopefully you will get what you desire
Villanelle

Post by Villanelle »

Great news. Thanks for that. We went from 10 to 8 to 4 so presumably will shift up closer!

Congratulations, worth the wait!!
mumish2018

Post by mumish2018 »

Madikhan wrote:Hy all
Yayyyyy!!! My daughter has been offered a place in Woodford county yesterday she was on number 8 when first list was issued then no 6 for month just moved to 2 last week and yesterday offered a place ... so don’t loose hope it’s moving and hopefully you will get what you desire
Congrats!

Could you please confirm if you were holding/releasing another GS offer?
Madikhan

Post by Madikhan »

She was just on WC waiting list only
With

Post by With »

Congrats madikhan, my dd moved to position 8 now. It’s nerve wracking
Villanelle

Post by Villanelle »

Just to let anyone on the WL know they are being very slow in updating it as I worked out that we should now be at 2 but on the WL we are still 4. I rang them and was quite persistent with them to check the data as they were happy to tell me what is showing on the system. But this is not correct and they confirmed we are indeed at 2 but they haven’t changed the list yet and that might happen later today or tomorrow. So good news is you should now be two places higher than your WL position! Bad news is admissions is making the tortuous wait longer than necessary. Induction day tomorrow and historically there are some changes then so let’s hope they can update them before September eh!!!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Villanelle wrote:Bad news is admissions is making the tortuous wait longer than necessary.
I can see that you are new to the forum so I will be polite - this is wholly unfair to the hard working people in admissions up and down the country. It is NOT just a case of them offering to people and then updating - waiting lists move up and down - there may be lots of "new" people to add to the waiting list - your position may be fluctuating daily but you don't see that because the lists adjust quickly. The admissions staff have hundreds of other tasks to do every day to ensure the thousands of school children get their correct place - and also work on other tasks unrelated to waiting lists - many councils only publish updated information at specific times, to minimise the disruption to families who think they are 4th and then find out they have dropped to 8th (and don't understand why, despite being told time and time again that waiting lists can move up and down)....they don't want to give you incorrect information any more than you want to be given it.

Just cut them some slack - focus on the school you have been allocated, embrace that, as you may end up there and anything else is a bonus.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now