QE Format

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aray001

QE Format

Post by aray001 »

Hi All,

I have scrolled pages after pages to find this but though this has been asked numerous times, I did not find a definite answer.

I am looking for how many questions in Maths need to be answered in what time?

I do fully understand they can always throw surprises, kids should be prepared for anything that is thrown to them etc. that people write in responses, but surely someone can help telling what was it in the last exam?

Would eagerly wait for this from someone whose child appeared in the last year's entrance test.

Also, if there is any idea of the difficulty level please? Is it similar to GL practice papers or may be AE etc. or more challenging?
jazbaati99

Re: QE Format

Post by jazbaati99 »

I don't know about the last years test but I would suggest to prepare for 65 questions in 45 minutes. QE's Math's test is about speed and accuracy with medium(ish) level of difficulty. It is very difficult to compare it with any training material and provide a reliable answer. I would say it is more difficult than GL but less difficult than the mocks our DS took. Speed and accuracy are key for this test. I would not focus on anything beyond KS2 curriculum. I hope it helps and good luck to you DS.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now