Mock exams

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Minal Patel

Mock exams

Post by Minal Patel »

Hello everyone,

I am quiet new to this and and just trying to get my head around it all. My DD is in year five and I would like her to try some mock exams. I am looking to enter her for HBS, bucks and Herts exams. Might try habs and nlcs but not sure. Can anyone recommend where I should take her for mock exams please.

Thanks

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
thisisnuts

Re: Mock exams

Post by thisisnuts »

https://mocks.elevenplusexams.co.uk/boo ... ock_exams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know what their Indie mocks are like (held from Sep to Dec), but as HBS round 2 is also written maths and English, you need to prepare for that before September anyway.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I'm not sure where you live, but since you mention Bucks as well as other schools, you might want to check you stand any chance of getting a place here.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=46245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's no point taking the Bucks test if you aren't likely to get a place.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

We are also looking at SW Herts and HBS. I have booked dd for the Sutton mocks. Think they are all booked up now but they do get cancellations.

Although I'm not sure how useful Sutton is for the SW Herts exam, does anyone know?
kamenrider

Post by kamenrider »

Middlesexmum wrote:We are also looking at SW Herts and HBS. I have booked dd for the Sutton mocks. Think they are all booked up now but they do get cancellations.

Although I'm not sure how useful Sutton is for the SW Herts exam, does anyone know?
SW Herts have a CEM and Maths paper only. The Sutton mocks has an english and maths paper. Even though they're not like for like, this will be the closest your child will get to exposure of a real exam so it is definitely invaluable.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The Sutton English paper is very CEM like and will help with identifying weak areas. The maths paper is challenging and the Creative Writing was enormously helpful last year.

The numbers involved and the chance to have another go both help to provide data for your student in relation to their cohort. DG
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Thank you very much, that's very helpful. I've booked Sutton mocks for mid-May to see where dd is at. I'd like to book another a bit later on. Do you think doing it in July is good timing or would late August be better just before the exam?
kamenrider

Post by kamenrider »

Middlesexmum wrote:Thank you very much, that's very helpful. I've booked Sutton mocks for mid-May to see where dd is at. I'd like to book another a bit later on. Do you think doing it in July is good timing or would late August be better just before the exam?
We did one a month leading up September. Combination of exams ran by this website and Susan Daughtrey.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sutton mocks have 18 slots in May and June with two different papers A and B. All sold out but they do come up if you keep checking the website. All the pm B slots include a Creative Writing paper which is marked at home with the help of some guidance papers.

I am a big fan of mocks. Feedback from as many different sources as possible. It all helps. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now