Mill Hill County Music Scores

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Coconut

Mill Hill County Music Scores

Post by Coconut »

Hello all
Music audition scores have been emailed this afternoon so curious to know what people have got?
My daughter got 72 so am crossing fingers...
aimforsuccess

Re: Mill Hill County Music Scores

Post by aimforsuccess »

Coconut wrote:Hello all
Music audition scores have been emailed this afternoon so curious to know what people have got?
My daughter got 72 so am crossing fingers...
My daughter's score is 74
redpepper8077

Post by redpepper8077 »

Hi
its my first time in this forum.
I am confuse with the information given by the Mill Hill.

(This year there were 357 applicants invited to audition for music)
(As a gauge, in 2017 there were 420 applicants invited to these auditions. A total of 197 students applied under the music criteria and 24 places were offered to those students scoring 67 and above out of a possible 120.)

How many actually going for the music test?
Will they reply if i want to know how many actually passed the score of 67 and above?

Thank you
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

redpepper8077 wrote:Hi
its my first time in this forum.
I am confuse with the information given by the Mill Hill.

(This year there were 357 applicants invited to audition for music)
(As a gauge, in 2017 there were 420 applicants invited to these auditions. A total of 197 students applied under the music criteria and 24 places were offered to those students scoring 67 and above out of a possible 120.)

How many actually going for the music test?
Will they reply if i want to know how many actually passed the score of 67 and above?

Thank you
420 auditioned.
197 applied for a place at the school under the 'music' criterion (that is, 197 actually named the school on their CAF - just auditioning is not making an application for a place).
(All? I don't know how many music places there are) 24 places were allocated under the 'music' criterion, the lowest score of these 24 being 67 / 120.

As to whether 67 was a set pass mark, or just the score of the 24th child allocated a place, I don't know, but if you have the admissions criteria handy, presumably it will say there if there is a pass mark, or places are just offered in score order until either the maximum available are filled, or they run out of applicants.
Last edited by ToadMum on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dubious73

Post by dubious73 »

At least Mill Hill don't make you wait all summer to find out like Ashmole!