Any news on those choosing between HBS and other offer?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: Any news on those choosing between HBS and other offer?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I smell porkie pies there - I'm not sure the LEA have access to the information about what private schools you have been offered places at - yes one of their primary schools might confirm that you have applied but would they know that you were offered a place and, if they did, would they then pass that on to the LEA (and where is GDPR in all this...?)

In practise, you are entitled to a state school place (not necessarily where you want it) so the LEA has to offer you one if you apply to them, regardless if you have applied and accepted a private school place - that is a perogative of wealth in a sense. It might be "good practice" to think about others but it is not "required practice" (except at the point of a deadline for accepting offers...!).
MrsChips

Post by MrsChips »

They definitely knew which private school we were going to as they mentioned it by name - they said 'we will inform x private school that you're turning them down in favour of x state school'.

When I'd rejected the initial state offer (incidentally from a neighbouring borough, the one in which we live), I had to write where our daughter would be educated (or if we were intending to home educate). I'd rejected the 5th choice we were offered but asked to be kept on the waiting lists. The name of the private school thus entered the system.

I know, I was surprised that somehow our private school option seemed to have entered the CAF and counted as one of our choices...

But glad too if it's true as it would save a lot of heartache for those waiting.
Khushi6

Post by Khushi6 »

Got our place so happy!
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Well done to your dd kyushi! You can relax now.