elevenplusexams online mocks

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Gravel

elevenplusexams online mocks

Post by Gravel »

Elevenplusexams mock exams are now online.
https://mocks.elevenplusexams.co.uk/boo ... nline=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Even sell up

Re: elevenplusexams online mocks

Post by Even sell up »

Indeed, what about your customers from March, April and May who are still waiting for your online mocks?

Are you going to refund or provide 'online mocks'

I know many who need to know the status of these exams
Even sell up

Post by Even sell up »

I booked my daughter in for a mock exam which was supposed to take place on the 31 May

I have phoned many times to seek clarification; have received no reply and no offer of a refund.

At best I would call your organisation disorganised, however I now consider what you are doing is illegal; please refer to your terms and conditions

Details are: **** xxxxx / CEM set C M/C

May 31 - 13:30

I've paid £65 for this and the response has been appalling - please reply
Gardener

Post by Gardener »

A friend sent this forwarded email today about this company's mocks:

Dear Parent/Guardian,

The mocks for this Saturday are now available to book for this Saturday.

Online booking will close automatically at 5pm on Friday each week and we will not be issuing any weekly reminders, so please do check your online account by mid-week to make your booking. 

You must be logged in to view the internal Saturday mocks.  

Hope that helps those of you trying to resolve your mock situation. edited by moderator
forumadmin
Site Admin

Post by forumadmin »

Dear Even sell up,

We are sorry to hear you are having a poor experience with us.
We have initiated an urgent investigation to address your complaint.

On conducting a search of bookings using your name, two of your email addresses, your postcode and your phone number, there is no record of any booking by you.

Our IT team has also checked in the database and we have checked all financial transactions for any card payments under your name.

The only information we retrieved is that you made a purchase from our online shop back in 2006 for your daughter doing the 11 plus and that you are indeed a Gloucestershire based 11 plus tutor and that you conducts your own CEM style mock exams.

If you wish to maintain that you have made a booking with us, please let us know your booking reference number which is a 5-digit number beginning with 2.

Our company’s position on the mocks has been decisive and has been made public since 19th March so any customer contacting us would have been given clear information.

On 19th March a notice on the website confirmed the cancellation of the physical sessions at least up to end of May and that customers had 3 options, which are summarised below:

a) accept two online mocks in place of one physical mock or
b) to have first priority for a summer booking or
c) to receive a full refund

The above information was also sent by email on 19th March to all parents who had booked.

Subsequent reminder emails were also sent to batches of parents a week before each exam sitting and any refunds requested were processed immediately.

On 9th June the website notice https://mocks.elevenplusexams.co.uk/inf ... formation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; was updated stating that ALL customers would be refunded and that online exams were available to book. The same information was also emailed to parents on 9th and 10th June.

Since 9th June we have initiated refunds for all mocks booked up to 5th July. However, due to the high volume of refunds to be made, it will take time to process them all but all customers due a refund have been notified of their refund.

We value our customers and have every intention of honouring our contractual and legal obligations to them.

We await details of your booking reference if you wish to pursue your complaint.
Even sell up

Post by Even sell up »

Wow! This is a bit harsh!

Yes, I am a tutor and I made the post on behalf of one of my customers who had booked a mock exam with yourselves for 31 May. She had phoned your offices several times to be told that she must wait because you had a huge backlog. She had no idea what was going on and needed some clarification

She was told that she would hear from you by 10th June and when this didn't happen, she asked me for help

This lady - for whom English is not her first language - finds written communication challenging and asked me to contact yourselves on her behalf

The mock she booked was for CEM Set C on 31st May at 01:30pm and her order number is 28117; her child's initials are AC

After trying to contact you by phone several times, I felt that the only way to raise this concern with yourselves was to post in the forum

My post was not self-serving in any way; I was just trying to give some reassurance

In fact, to be honest, I could have done without this in these busy times
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Even sell up wrote:Wow! This is a bit harsh!

Yes, I am a tutor and I made the post on behalf of one of my customers who had booked a mock exam with yourselves for 31 May. She had phoned your offices several times to be told that she must wait because you had a huge backlog. She had no idea what was going on and needed some clarification

She was told that she would hear from you by 10th June and when this didn't happen, she asked me for help

This lady - for whom English is not her first language - finds written communication challenging and asked me to contact yourselves on her behalf

The mock she booked was for CEM Set C on 31st May at 01:30pm and her order number is 28117; her child's initials are AC

After trying to contact you by phone several times, I felt that the only way to raise this concern with yourselves was to post in the forum

My post was not self-serving in any way; I was just trying to give some reassurance

In fact, to be honest, I could have done without this in these busy times
Perhaps if you had said in the first place that it was on someone else's behalf that you were posting, rather than stating that you had enrolled your daughter...?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Even sell up

Post by Even sell up »

Most institutions don't let you speak to them on behalf of others nowadays
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Even sell up wrote:Most institutions don't let you speak to them on behalf of others nowadays
Not without explicit permission, anyhow.
7th letter, 4th letter, 16th letter, 18th letter perhaps?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Even sell up wrote:Wow! This is a bit harsh!
Please read it again. It doesn't seem harsh at all.
Try contrasting the courteous and restrained reply from the office with your earlier post which resorts to language such as "disorganised", "illegal", "appalling".
I felt that the only way to raise this concern with yourselves was to post in the forum
We are always happy to try and help on the forum, and drew the attention of the office to your post - but was it being constructive to cause total confusion by writing "I booked my daughter in for a mock exam" when neither you nor your daughter was involved, and no reference number was given to enable the office to trace the right person?
After trying to contact you by phone several times
If you're saying the phone line was busy, why not have sent an email to the office outlining the problem and quoting the booking reference? The office manager could have investigated and reported back direct to your friend.
Etienne