DAO Second round Music results is out

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hereorthere

DAO Second round Music results is out

Post by Hereorthere »

Results for second round DAO Music result is out via email

From Email:
Lowest musical aptitude ranked position offered to in previous years by the end of the summer term
Entry 2020 = Ranked position 13
Entry 2019 = Ranked position 15
Galadriel

Re: DAO Second round Music results is out

Post by Galadriel »

Well done to all the children who applied for DAO music places, just to get through the process is an achievement!

My dd has been ranked 11th and we are waiting and wondering...regardless of previous years reaching at least rank 13, we are still nervous that places won't reach that far this year. If anyone is aware of someone not taking up their music place, would you mind sharing? It is probably far too early to know, but we would be so grateful.

Thank you again and good luck to all in the secondary transfer process :D
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Congratulations to your dd. My dd got a Music place at DAO and now has a Choral Scholarship at University.

You only need one person to give up their place and that is quite likely. The student who came first last year gave up the place up for QE. Many students sit DAO and other local schools such as QE, Latymer. HBS and St MS and end up putting one of the others first.

Then there are other students who are going onto sit local private schools such HABS, NLCS, St Albans, City and Highgate who will also give up DAO places.

I hope for you that at least one of those currently holding one of those ten places will choose to go elsewhere and free up the space for your dd. DG
Shnutrux

Post by Shnutrux »

Galadriel wrote:Well done to all the children who applied for DAO music places, just to get through the process is an achievement!

My dd has been ranked 11th and we are waiting and wondering...regardless of previous years reaching at least rank 13, we are still nervous that places won't reach that far this year. If anyone is aware of someone not taking up their music place, would you mind sharing? It is probably far too early to know, but we would be so grateful.

Thank you again and good luck to all in the secondary transfer process :D
Very well done to your daughter!
Galadriel

Post by Galadriel »

Thank you so much for your insight DAOgroupie and congratulations to your dd for getting a Choral Scholarship.

We are really hoping as my dd has set her heart on going to DAO. A lot of the private schools are still holding their exams but maybe a student intending to go to QE, Latymer or other local schools will put one of these as first choice, as you suggest. We'll sit tight and cross our fingers!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

HABS girls have just moved their exam to Wed 13th January so you may have to wait a bit longer for the results from HABS to trigger places coming back. DG
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Daogroupie wrote:HABS girls have just moved their exam to Wed 13th January so you may have to wait a bit longer for the results from HABS to trigger places coming back. DG
My understanding is that the Indies were all planning to send out offers at the start of Feb half term as they usually do, regardless of when the exam was held.

So the bouncing back and forth of the Habs exam shouldn’t make a difference.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now