DAO - House Move

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dunda2010

DAO - House Move

Post by dunda2010 »

I wanted to know if we are able to move closer to the school or will it affect our application (my son ranked in the top 65 for the DAO exam so will definitely have a place on allocation day). We're torn between extending our current house and letting him catch the bus to school (from Borehamwood to Potters Bar) daily, or selling up and buying a house in Potters Bar itself so he can actually walk to school in the morning. I know DAO is very strict about any address changes so I don't want to do anything that could jeopardise his place! Our preference is to move but if we have to stay then we will. Does anyone know the answer to this? I've read the website and have understood we need to stay put for two years? :|
Daogroupie

Re: DAO - House Move

Post by Daogroupie »

You did not apply for a distance place so the rules do not apply to you unless you move out of the catchment.

If you move to Potters Bar he will be able to walk to school and participate in after school activities when hopefully they return.

If you are in the top 65 then you are applying for a academic place which is available to any Y6 living in the catchment area.

Moving house in the catchment area will make no difference to your academic place.

DG
dunda2010

Re: DAO - House Move

Post by dunda2010 »

Daogroupie wrote:You did not apply for a distance place so the rules do not apply to you unless you move out of the catchment.

If you move to Potters Bar he will be able to walk to school and participate in after school activities when hopefully they return.

If you are in the top 65 then you are applying for a academic place which is available to any Y6 living in the catchment area.

Moving house in the catchment area will make no difference to your academic place.

DG
Thank you Daogroupie! I was hoping you'd reply as I know your're an expert in all DAO matters! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now