Kendrick exam - Afternoon slot - Any advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
berks_parent

Kendrick exam - Afternoon slot - Any advice

Post by berks_parent »

Hi there
My DD has been allocated for the afternoon slot for Kendrick exam.
I would like to know to keep her calm and composed during the morning.
Any parents out there facing a similar thought ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
quasimodo

Re: Kendrick exam - Afternoon slot - Any advice

Post by quasimodo »

Enjoy the evening before have fun in whatever way you like, let her sleep late and let her get up late in the morning and relax.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

And then allow plenty of time to get there so you don't undo the relaxing morning. There is no close parking if you aren't local so you need to allow time to walk from Queens Rd or Oracle car park, or from the station.
BlueSmarties

Post by BlueSmarties »

Arrive in Reading early - exam's on a Saturday, if you're driving, I'd expect traffic into Reading to be busy, as it usually is. If you plan to get to Kendrick just in time for the test, perhaps come with a second adult so one can queue with your daughter whilst the driver parks the car.

There are lots of places in town you can go to for a quiet cup of tea, or perhaps even the library, to keep calm beforehand. Or have a picnic lunch in a park (Forbury, Palmer or Cintra) to keep things low key? Then you can walk to the school in plenty of time.

Be aware that the queue starts early and snakes around the block - not that it makes a difference where you are in the queue, cause they have to get you all in anyway! Just don't let it freak you out.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Also, make sure you read the letter carefully as we had to enter at one entrance and wait to pick them up from another.

On the day I saw people going to the wrong entrance to try and drop off, (some even trying to park at the school despite the letter saying you can not).

Later I then saw people waiting at the wrong entrance to pick up.

Make sure you have your reg card, forms etc, maybe a snack and drink (clear bags I think).

Drop them off, then go and enjoy the delights of Reading.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now