No VR Paper for HABS Girls?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JessieDee

No VR Paper for HABS Girls?

Post by JessieDee »

Forgive my ignorance - but when did Haberdashers' Girls' stop doing a reasoning paper as part of their 11+ admissions process?
Daogroupie

Re: No VR Paper for HABS Girls?

Post by Daogroupie »

Three years ago. They have increased the English component instead. The Consortium stopped at the same time and introduced persuasive writing which those who have left the Consortium have retained: St Albans and City. DG
JessieDee

Post by JessieDee »

Thank you for your help. Are there any independent schools who still retain a reasoning paper element? Oh and what has been added to the English component in your opinion? I understand there is a reading comprehension and a piece of independent writing. Is there anything else?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The hard hittters in North London have all moved to persuasive writing, speeches, travel brochures, letters.

Use the North London Consortium, City and ST Albans sample papers from the past two years. DG
JessieDee

Post by JessieDee »

Daogroupie wrote:The hard hittters in North London have all moved to persuasive writing, speeches, travel brochures, letters.

Use the North London Consortium, City and ST Albans sample papers from the past two years. DG
Thank you for your advice. I'm really grateful!