Now that Kent test for IC and OOC is over...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

apprentice

Now that Kent test for IC and OOC is over...

Post by apprentice »

How was the exam?
I hope everyone did well.
My DC says it was not difficult but left out three questions unmarked. :|
Tinkers

Re: Now that Kent test for IC and OOC is over...

Post by Tinkers »

There could well still be late sitters so please, no discussion about test content, timings etc.
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

Same here my DD, and her two cousins both found the test ok. I believe the pass mark will be high then this year if everyone does well. Bexley test next! Can’t wait for it all to be over now.
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

apprentice wrote:How was the exam?
I hope everyone did well.
My DC says it was not difficult but left out three questions unmarked. :|
Our dd said exactly the same. What a coincidence- she said she had to guess 3 questions.
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

My DD found the test ok, she left 3 questions out on the non verbal reasoning as she ran out of time - she just marked random answers for those. She said she found the English text really hard and struggled with it, am a bit concerned as others seem to have said the opposite - really hoping she hasn't fluffed that paper up. Maths was apparently very on par with the GL practice papers.
Long wait now until the 11th of October!
Taraific

Post by Taraific »

Well, regardless of the exam content, I for one, am glad it's over :lol:
DD came out with a smile on her face, so couldn't of been 'too' awful. Was surprised there wasn't more students at the centre though? Not sure if that's a common practice or not? Roughly how many children sit the OOC test, anyone know? I was expecting a huge number of children and parents, but I now suspect they are spread out amongst test centres on the one day. Was also surprised to see they split the girls and boys. I thought it was very well organised as a whole though.

Good luck to all your children.
Will be welcoming the results day so I can stop this feeling of restlessness. This not knowing is awful - and its only been 24hrs! Roll on October!
Last edited by Taraific on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oguledoen

Post by Oguledoen »

DD said spatial reasoning was though just like I expected but she felt the rest were somewhat ok - pitched slightly about level 5 approach 6
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

KCC have said that the same test will be used all year, e.g. for children moving into the area. So, please no actual content to be discussed
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Oguledoen wrote:DD said spatial reasoning was though just like I expected but she felt the rest were somewhat ok - pitched slightly about level 5 approach 6
The 'levels' went three years ago and a student would not be able to judge this accurately anyway.
KentbridgeDad

Post by KentbridgeDad »

They did not allow my DD to take clear pouch with (pencil + sharpner+ eraser) and said it will be provided. The item were indeed provided but eraser was to be shared between 2 kids. Not a great thing when it is time bound exam. was the same done for other schools as well?

Cheers,
KD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now