Books taken?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TwinMummy81

Books taken?

Post by TwinMummy81 »

Hello! I’m new!
My boy/girl twins did their Kent Test a couple of weeks ago and today my daughter came home and said her maths book was missing today, along with 7 other children’s. Only their maths books, all their English books were still there. She said the teacher said they were taken for moderation.
Do you think this could be the start of the appeals???
Thank you :)
Nickib

Re: Books taken?

Post by Nickib »

Moderation is just something that happens in schools. I shouldn’t imagine it has any connection to appeals.
TwinMummy81

Post by TwinMummy81 »

I was worried they might have just said to the kids it was for moderation to stop them worrying!
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

The primary schools do now have the results and need to prepare appeals for next week so it is possible the books have been taken to support an appeal.
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

I suppose it’s possible. I honestly don’t know xx
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

We had similar last year. Turns out it was nothing to do with appeals as she had passed. No idea why though.
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

Really over thinking this now. :lol: Would the head take a mixture of books to make is look more random that it is? Not just the ones that nearly passed. Maybe take ones that have passed to compare to the ones who didn't. Or include ones that didn't even take the test to avert suspicion. 8)
TwinMummy81

Post by TwinMummy81 »

Lol, I’ve had the same thoughts!
She is my more borderline one but she came out with such confidence she made me feel it must have gone ok! I wasn’t expecting them to have to appeal for her so I’m desperate to find out if that’s what has happened! I suppose we’ll see if her books are back today. I’m assuming if they are it must have been moderation... I’m guessing an appeal would mean her books were gone longer. Odd it’s only the maths books though and the literacy were still there....
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The schools have got the results now and books are being collected. However, it is usually maths, English and any otherbooks that show a high standard of work; as much evidence as possible is needed.

If it is only maths books I would imagine that it is for moderation.
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Do you thonk OOC schools have the Kent test results yet?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now