Tiffin and moving into area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

computer123

Tiffin and moving into area

Post by computer123 »

We registered for Tiffin but leave bout 14 miles away. We are in a rented accommodation so we can move.
When would you advise to move ( I am aware that this probably be for the 2nd round of offers)...

I need to have a plan, as before 31.10 need to put school choices on a list so not sure if I have any chance with Tiffin...

Thank you.
keith

Re: Tiffin and moving into area

Post by keith »

From the council's Secondary School Admissions Brochure 2020.

Moving into Kingston upon Thames before the allocation process
If you move into the area after the closing date, but before 11 December 2019 and you can provide
documentary evidence to confirm this, your application will be processed at the same time as those
applications received by 31 October 2019.

If you move into the area after 11 December 2019, your application will only be considered after those
received by the closing date. Please note, no changes can be made at all after this date. However, if we are
unable to offer your child a place at one of your preferred schools on 2 March 2020, their name will be
placed on the school’s waiting list in criteria order

source: https://www.kingston.gov.uk/downloads/f ... chure_2020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
no_stress

Post by no_stress »

similar situation here, we are just outside of the "catchment area", but if we move closer (we only have to move 1km South of where we are), we lose our place at our nearby outstanding comp. So can you move into the designated area after you know the outcome of the Tiffin exam? Do I understand it correctly that one gets an indication of likelihood of being offered a place before 31 Oct and can then move, and as long as I move before December, the new address will count for Tiffin admissions purposes? Thanks.
sleeplessmum

Post by sleeplessmum »

Hi,

For memory the second stage is on the 5th November, so you will know before 31st October whether you have passed the first stage and out the school on the CAF form but you have yet to sit the second stage.

Hope that helps and good luck
catcool

Post by catcool »

You all need to be looking at paragraphs 5. 5.1 to 5.1.11 onwards on the admission criteria for the school, not what Kingston Council says about their schools.

TGS is very strict about addresses as can be seen here .

http://www.tiffingirls.kingston.sch.uk/ ... 0.pdf.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gogetit009

Post by Gogetit009 »

So as i read in the admission document pdf, the address on the application form that has to be submitted by 2-Sept 2019 will be considered as "THE" address to determine if your DD falls in catchment area on not.

So, if you have to get into catchment, it should have been done before 2-Sept and that new address should be there in the application.

Hope my understanding is correct.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The usual date for CAF applications is 31 October. I may be misunderstanding but I thought 2nd September was applying for the test, ie the SIF application. It's not very clear regarding the SIF application & the Application (their capital) but I read it as the address on the Application will be used rather than the one on the SIF application. Maybe someone local could confirm?
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think you are probably right Scary mum, the admissions policies refer to the SIF etc but when they use the word "application" they appear to refer to the CAF

"Tiffin School is part of the Pan-London Co-ordinated Admissions Scheme. In order to make an
application to Tiffin School, an applicant must name Tiffin School on the common application form
issued by the applicant’s Local Authority (the Home Local Authority)"

However they have 4 conditions for the "application"
Valid Applications
In summary, for an application to be considered by Tiffin School the following four conditions must be
met:
i) A registration for the boy to take the Stage One Test must be made by completing an on-line
Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and sending a signed copy of the SIF with an attached passport
sized, recent photograph of the candidate to Tiffin School by the SIF deadline.
ii) After sitting the Stage One Test, the boy must be invited by Tiffin School to sit the Stage Two Test.
iii) Tiffin School must be named by the boy’s parents/carers on the common application form.
iv) The boy must attend the Stage Two Test as specified.
Usman

Post by Usman »

Could you please confirm who were living outside catchment area, got result with scores on 2nd March or not?
yemendis

Post by yemendis »

Usman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:46 am Could you please confirm who were living outside catchment area, got result with scores on 2nd March or not?
Did you get your score on March 2nd even if you were from outside the catchment area, and did you move in after March 1? Thanks.