QE Boys 11 plus exams start today

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

QE Boys 11 plus exams start today

Post by Daogroupie »

I am so glad we have made it through to today.

QE have held their nerve and continued with their original dates.

They start today, then tomorrow, Monday and then Tuesday is the last big day.

There is an am slot on Friday am for boys who have been in isolation or were ill on any of the other days.

Then hopefully two weeks after that we will have our first 2020 11 plus exams results which will be in time for the CAF.

I expect there are will be some major sighs of relief at QE today that the day has dawned and the exams can go ahead.

Good luck to all boys sitting. I hope the sun shines for you today in Queens Road.

Remember all sittings will be the same paper so keep quiet about the questions and material in the papers.

It will however be great to hear about the atmosphere there today.

it is the biggest 11 plus circus in town! DG
Moderators

Re: QE Boys 11 plus exams start today

Post by Moderators »

Please remember that the same exam will be used for these four days, and any back up dates.
While children are unlikely to accurately remember much about the test, please do not reveal any information they may give you either on here, at the school gate, in response to private messages or to unscrupulous tutors etc.
You may disadvantage your own child by doing this.
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

Moderators wrote:Please remember that the same exam will be used for these four days, and any back up dates.
While children are unlikely to accurately remember much about the test, please do not reveal any information they may give you either on here, at the school gate, in response to private messages or to unscrupulous tutors etc.
You may disadvantage your own child by doing this.
Standardised score which is used for admission is related to the average marks of all children. When other children raw score are pushed up by the tips/questions, then your child's standardised score will go down.
Last edited by Gravel on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Hopefully tutors are not seeking debriefings from their tutees.
Gardener

Post by Gardener »

It was well organised this morning.

Calm and not frenzied.

You cannot take in pencil cases, so do not bother.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you for the feedback.

So no Mums in the queue in dressing gowns and boys doing papers as they wait?

Pencil cases have never been allowed. QE provides the pens.

Pencils cases are not allowed in any exams. Usually you take your pens but have to put them in front of you on the table. DG
Gardener

Post by Gardener »

LOL DG!

No dressing gowns...this time it was hand sanitiser instead!

I did not spot any last minute revision in the queue as people more focused on standing in a socially distanced manner.

How times have changed!

I meant clear pencil case with only the pencils (as I had bought 'nice' ones especially for the occasion!).

All in all, calm apart from those who still drive in circles on Queens Road.
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

Didn't appear as frenzied as I'd expected, probably due to covid limited numbers. Some families clearly didn't read the email - it was like a day out for the entire family including school aged siblings.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Another local school has just gone into one week lockdown for Y6 which will finish on 25th.

At least one ds was due to sit QE tomorrow, so QE will have to offer a date after the 25th which will delay all the results.

Each 11 plus school is going to have to factor in two weeks from the last exam date for those who go into lockdown just before they were due to sit. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Pl1688 wrote:Didn't appear as frenzied as I'd expected, probably due to covid limited numbers. Some families clearly didn't read the email - it was like a day out for the entire family including school aged siblings.
Ah, but you cant expect just Mum or Dad to go on their own, so then what would you do with the other kiddies?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx