Bucks STTS low score

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Parental

Bucks STTS low score

Post by Parental »

M
Last edited by Parental on Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Etienne

Re: Bucks STTS low score

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to the forum!
We do not have any extenuating circumstances as such apart from feeling nervous on the day.
They do say they normally expect exceptional circumstances, and this is likely to be the case especially with a score of 103.
The question I have - I have yet to submit the Reason for the Review but I am not sure how to go about the extenuating circumstances?
I think the most convincing extenuating circumstances are usually those that happened close to the transfer test, which the headteacher says the school was aware of, and which demonstrably affected the child's work or behaviour.
However, although it may have happened further back in the past, you could mention that DD changed primary schools four times, and started Reception as a non-English speaker.
Do we have a chance to be successful at the Review with such a low score but strong academic results?
To be honest, the odds seem very much against you. Last year there were 26 reviews with scores of 103 and below, and only one child was successful.

All you can do is draw attention to the remarkable progress she has been making since Y4, and hope for the best.

We suggest how to set out a case in "Mary's review", E32(c):
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... aneous#e32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- but don't worry too much about this. What really matters is not what you write, but what the headteacher writes!

Good luck!
Etienne